So, we are really bombing at this whole blog regularly thing.
It will get better.. maybe. Hopefully. 🙂
The semester has been flying by. Faster than the airplane that Andrew likes to whiz by our heads constantly. The semester has been less scary than those close airplane calls, though, thank goodness.
We are now on Fall Break, the lovely week-long break that we should be catching up on schoolwork and planning ahead… instead, we’ve been Christmas decorating! 🙂
Now, before you go hatin’, just know that I don’t really care. That sounds blunt now that I read it back, but its just true. Here are the reasons we decorated our apartment for Christmas this early:
- We wanted to decorate this early.
- Thinking about the Christmas season calms and soothes us. We have so many good memories from that time, especially since our firstborn child was a Christmas baby!
- With everything upcoming in October school-wise, we needed to have a calm, relaxing environment pronto.
- If we didn’t decorate this week, when will we have time to decorate and truly enjoy the process with school coming back at us at full speed?
- We wanted to decorate this early, and being as we are the only ones here to enjoy it, we thought, Why not?
The following are NOT reasons that we decorated our home early:
- We don’t like fall.
- We don’t like Thanksgiving.
- We give in to commercialism.
- We are not thankful.
We really love fall; its my very favorite season. We LOVE Thanksgiving. It truly is my favorite holiday. However, I love to celebrate Thanksgiving in the midst of Christmas decor. It’s true. I love pumpkin-anything. I love leaves. I love cool crisp air. I just don’t have fall decorations.
And please don’t read all of this and think I’m bitter.
Also, please don’t read all of this and think that I’m not mentioning the real “reason for the season.” We do not value all of the “pretty-ness” of Christmas decorations above the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ. 🙂
So, with all of that, I’d like to share pictures of our Christmas decorations with you. However, if you’d rather not see fun happy Christmas pretties, don’t scroll any further. Go look at your orange stuff. 🙂 hehe.
If you made it this far, good for you. 🙂 Thanks for reading!!